Tuesday, January 3, 2017

LB8-Favicon

           In this lab we used Neocities to create a webpage for lab 8. For lab 8, I was required to create a logo and use this logo as a favicon so it can be displayed in my websites address bar. In order to create the logo we had to use code.org to create the logo. The logo we were required to make had to have a widht and height of 16. (16x16). In addition, we had to use 12 bits per pixel. For this logo, I decided to create a bear. I decided to create this logo because I have a dog and my dog looks like a bear cub. Since my dog means so much to me and is a part of my identity, I decided to create a bear. Creating the favicon was not hard but I was worried that my design was not going to be seen as clearly since a favicon is pretty small. Thus, I decided to make my logo as big as possible to cover up the 16x16 pixel image. Once I finished creating my favicon, it was time for me to put it into my website. In order for me to this I had to use the tage link rel= and I had to put information about the image so my website can recognize the favicon.I had fun creating the favicon especially because now I know the tag which will allow me to add a favicon to my website. At first I was having a hard time understand how bits per pixel work because I was absent the previous day however with research and code.org I was able to complete this lab and understand the importance of bits per pixel.
            Upon creating my favicon, I learned many things such as the relationship between bits and pixels. A bit is the smallest unit of data in a computer that can be represented by two possible values, either of the binary digits 0 or 1. A pixel is the basic unit of programmable color on a computer display or in a computer image in which its physicla size on a screen depends on how an individual sets the resolution for the display screen. The term bits per pixel (bpp) refers to the number of bits per pixel that affects the number of different colors an individual can use to display an image. The more bits the more shade of colors an individual is able to use to color in a pixel of an image because there are more combinations of 0's and 1's available. In an image, a pixel is given its color through the three primary colors, red, green and blue (RGB). Each primary color is called a channel, and the shade of a certain primary color can be changed by making the bit value to go higher or lower. The smaller the value, the darker the shade and the higher the value the brigjter the shade. Since bits per channel only refers tpo the bits per primary color, bits per pixel refers to the sum of the bits of all three primary colors.



Favicon

Website

No comments:

Post a Comment