Saturday, January 21, 2017

Career and College Fair

        A college and career fair was hosted at my school during 3 period. A few colleges as well as the army and navy came to the school to provide us with information about possible careers we will wish to to pursue in the future. Since it was early in the morning I did not get the chance to see all the colleges. However, although I was only given a period to interact I tried to talk to schools whose programs interested me. There were not many schools that interested me but I did try to ask about some academics I was interested in. Many colleges that went I never heard of. Therefore, when i first saw them I was not as interested because I never heard of them before. Some colleges were big others were small.For instance some colleges that went were Colleges like SUNY Polytechnic Institute, BMCC, Minorit Science Engineering Improvement Program, Hunter College, and a music college. There was also a program called ASAP that told us they can help students financially. But as I started to walk around i noticed that they were not as bad. I was still hoping that some school would have the academic I am interested in which is either fashion design or advertising/marketing. I found this college and career fair a good way to show us how a college fair is like. I have been to previous college fairs but I liked this one because even though we were in a small space, it felt more comfortable talking to colleges and asking them questions. Since it was a smaller environment there was more time to ask questions and explore. I liked this college fair but I just wished schools like FIT went because thats a college I am very interested in.



No comments:

Post a Comment