Monday, January 16, 2017

Disney Movie Data Set


In order to convert my raw data into a data visualization, I decided to use only certain parts of the data that will break down the information in a good manner. I decided to represent the disney movie data set by representing only the average rating of women vs the average rating of men. I decided to do this because in this way I will be comparing the average rates of both genders, female and male. Next, I had to choose which data visualization I thought would represent the data the simplest. Thus, I decided to use a scatter plot because in this way the audience will be able to interpret and easily see who's average rating was higher, the women or males. Now it was time to tell a story with the data visualization. With this data visualization it can be assumed that the average rating of women is higher than the average rating of men for the disney movies that have a female protagonist and the disney movies that have a male as the protagonist has a higher average rating for men than for women. 













No comments:

Post a Comment