Wednesday, March 1, 2017

CTE EXPO Reflection Journal

      The CTE Expo is a very important event in which we web design students must present the best of our work to future web design candidates. It is a very important event because not only are we trying to get people interested to join the academy but we web design students are able to show case our web design skills through our best pieces of work to not only students but teachers. During class we learn and develop many skills that allow us to create websites that can be appealing to the eye. All the work and effort we put into our labs and projects are able to be shown and complemented by others such as students and teachers. During the CTE Expo 2017, both video and web design students had to put their communication skills in order to not only show but explain the work they have done. When showing other people our work, we had to explain how we did it and give them a brief description of what people in the web design academy do. However, when trying to explain others our work it was difficult because some people were not interested and others were rude. When people acted rude it sort of made me give up talking to some people but in order to try to get people interested I went with the students who actually seemed to look at projects in detail. In next years CTE Expo I plan to ask people their interests and try to connect their interests to web design, maybe this way will allow people to feel more encouraged and motivated about joining web design.
    Although, their were some rude students it was fun showing the work to teachers I have had in the past. I would show my teachers my work and show them how much I have learned in this class. I hope my past teachers will keep being proud of me and the work I have accomplished because they were the ones who wrote a reccomendation that allowed me to join web design. I know I will try to expand my knowledge on coding to make my websites look more nice in appearance. I will try my best to learn javascript as it will give me more opportunities to make my webpages more interesting. The CTE Expo helps me develop my communication skills and help promote the web design academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment