Thursday, March 16, 2017

Project 3- Respect for All HTML/CSS Site

       Project 3 required us to use our HTML and CSS skills by using Dreamweaver. As a part of this project, we had to create a project that shows respect for all. I decided to make  website regarding how individuals must keep their environment clean. I created 5 separate sections that includes the websites homepage, a page stating why people must respect the environment, facts, and ways to promote cleanness. I decided to use different types of green shades because I felt that its the color that represents the environment. I even added a slideshow. However, what I felt distinguished my website the most was the page transitions. I wanted to add a different effect to my website this time. I tried to increase my css skills and tried adding as much css as I can to make the website appealing to the eye. Thus, I decided to go online to learn a new skill in which the webpages in my website will have smooth page transitions when the user clicks on the buttons in the navigation bar. The main key that allowed me make a smooth transition was by adding the element transition:all 0.6s ease in out. I used this transition to apply it to every button on the navigation bar so when the user clicks on a certain button the page with transition in the matter of six seconds to the page there heart desires. I decided to use 6 seconds because when making a transition of 1 second, the transition is too fast. Thus, the user is unable to see how the transition adds a nice effect to the website.
      Creating this project required much work and patience. At first I was having difficulty finding out how to create a transition in the pages. But I believe what was most difficult about this project was finding the information necessary to complete the webpage. I had difficulty finding sources such as facts and information. I first started off by wanting to create a webpage showing respect for race. However, I had difficulty finding information about it and I was not as enthusiastic about the topic. It may have been difficult making a transition in the pages but I would say learning how to make transitions in pages was my favorite part of the website. It may have taken me a while to create this website but i am very satisfied with the results. If I were to add another feature I will try to add some javascript into the website to make things more appealing. Overall, this project allowed me to realize who much we can do with css and what Ia m capable of doing as long I am eager to learn new things step by step.


Main Homepage

Why Respect Page

Fun Facts Page

How to Promote Page

No comments:

Post a Comment