Friday, October 21, 2016

Lab 4 Table of Colors

         For lab 4 we learned how to create a table in our html code. We were not required to write paragraphs or insert images or hyperlinks into our html code. This time we were introduced to a new skill that would become useful for future labs. In this lab we learned how to make a table in html.  It make look easy but it can be quite confusing. First off you must know the tags that help create a table. These tags are <th>, <tr>, and <td>. The tag <th> is used to create a column, the tag <tr> is used to create a row, and the tag <td> is used to add information. A <td> tag contains data. For this lab, in order to build up our table skills to work, we had to create a table based on colors. Our teacher assigned us 8 colors because she did not want us all to use the same colors. However, we were allowed to pick 7 colors of our own as well. Making it a total of 15 colors. In this case we were asked to include the name of the color, the colors hexadecimal and to provide the colors hue. Since we were asked these three things, we had to create 3 columns in which I used the tag <th>. Each time I started a new color I had to use the tag <td> and then after this tag I would use the tag <td> to type in the colors information. Once I finished a row I would close it with </td> because it would allow the computer to understand that I finished the row ad will ow work with another row. I repeated this process until I finished  including the information of all 15 colors in my table.
      This lab made me realize that we can do many things in html. When I heard that we were going to create a table in html I believed we were going to draw a table but I was proven wrong because we created a table using words that the computer would understand through the use of tags. At first you make get confused. However, you end up getting the hand of it. It was great that we had to include the information of 15 colors because it allowed us to practice our skills and help us memorize the tags we must use to create table. I believe this lab was not hard and did not take long to complete. I was fascinated when we added the hue of the color because when doing this we had to type in style right after typing the tag <td. We had to do this to indicate what color we wanted by including the code of the color.



Html Code

No comments:

Post a Comment